Young and I did another round of turkey burgers this evening on the new Vermont Castings model #9030 grill. This time:
1. Preheat all on high for 15 minutes
2. Turnn all burners down to med-high
3. Grill patties for 5 min cover closed.
4. Open lid, flip patties.
5. Cook another 5 min on med-high
6. Turn burners down to med-low
7. Cook another 5 minutes
8. Remove and eat.
The burgers were more flavorful and less dry than the previous time. In the future, I may even reduce the cycle times from 5 min to 4 min to see if I can get a juicier burger while still bringin the turkey up to a safe temperature.